Tenant (Incremental) Purchase Scheme

If you are a Cavan local authority tenant living in a local authority house that is available for sale under the scheme, and you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply to purchase your house.

However, there are a number of types and uses of houses not eligible under the scheme, such as

  • Apartments, (a separate purchase scheme for apartments applies)
  • Houses that have been specifically designed for occupation by elderly persons
  • Houses that have been specifically designed in a group setting for occupation by members of the travelling community and
  • Houses in a private development transferred to the local authority by the developer

Forms / Related documents