Cavan to Dundalk
The Cavan to Dundalk Strategic Route Improvement Scheme has the following objectives:
- Address the deficiency in the transport network in the region and help connect the local population to the Gateway town of Dundalk, the Hub town of Cavan and the key transport corridors (M1, N2, N3);
- Reduce the travel times and improve access to regional, national and international markets, as well as education, employment and other services;
- Deliver improved road network in a cost effective manner while minimising adverse environmental impacts;
- Support effective and efficient operation of public transport services;
- Reduce the length of poor quality roads used by traffic and hence reduce the number of road traffic accidents.
View the Cavan to Dundalk Strategic Route Improvement Scheme leaflet (1.2 mb)